Monday, November 22, 2010

Altered Picture Frame

I made this altered picture frame for a very good friend of mine's birthday. It started as unfinished wood. First I painted it with acrylic paint in a green color. Then I decided that I wanted it to have an 'antique' look so I used some Tim Holtz Crackle Paint. After that was dried, I used some distressing ink to go over the crackle paint and turn it a shade of green.




I cut the word "friends" out of some Tim Holtz grungeboard using my Cricut. Then I used distressing ink in Peeled Paint and then topped it off with some Peeled Paint Distress Stickles.



I used a CTMH stamp to make the sentiment. I added some Itty Bitty Sparkes to give it some bling. Then I made three rolled paper roses to give it more flair. I used the CTMH opaque pearls as the center of each flower.



And here is the finished product - minus the picture. I put a picture of my friend Bonnie, Amy and I at the Twins game earlier this year in the frame before I gave it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts